Help us in expanding the SMC Wiki :D
This site is put together by the community, for the community - and that could mean you! If you see information missing, or find out new information you think would be helpful, put it in. If you find a spelling mistake or phrase that could be clearer, fix it.
Welcome to the Secret Maryo Chronicles (SMC) wiki. Here you will find a collection of articles and documents about the game and its various features. We hope that this wiki will be a resource for both those playing the game and for those contributing to the game. As stated above, the wiki is always growing and we would appreciate both your feedback and your contributions.
Take a minute to browse the items below. If you have questions about the game, start by reading our Frequently Asked Questions page. If you still can't find the answers you seek here on the wiki, come over to the forum to ask your question. We'll do our best to help you find what you're looking for.
Thanks for playing and enjoy the game!
The SMC Team
- Game FAQ - Frequently asked Questions.
- Tutorials Index - A repository of tutorials and how-to documents to help you get started with SMC. Installing, building levels and worlds, compiling SMC from source, and more. Check this list frequently.
This section contains reference material for those playing SMC.
- How to install SMC - Describes briefly the methods for installing SMC on your system.
- User Manual - This detailed Manual includes controls, powerups and enemies.
- Controls Manual - The default input mapping.
If you'd like to start contributing to the SMC Project, then this is the section for you. If you're not sure where to start please read our How Can I Contribute article. If you already have a skill set you want to put to use, browse below.
Please also be aware of the legal requirements when submitting items for the project.
- Legal Notice for Contributions - Guide for sending Legal Contributions.
- Todo Code - List of tasks to implement in the source code.
- Coding Standards - The preferred coding style.
- Git - How to use the source control software and clients.
- Development - How to contribute your source code ideas to the project.
- Latest Build - How to get the latest build of SMC available.
- Compiling from source on Ubuntu or Mac OS X
- Todo Graphics - List of Graphics which are planned, in progress or not finished.
- Shading - The SMC shading style.
- Sprites - How the Engine handles Sprites.
- Powerups - Current and planned Powerups.
- Worlds - Current and planned Tilesets.
- New Maryo - New Maryo implemented since 0.99.5.
- Git - How to use the source control software and clients to upload new or revised graphics.
Audio Artists/Sound Designers
- Todo Sounds - List of Sounds which are planned, in progress or not finished.
If you would like to start contributing the the wiki itself, you'll need to have registered a username and password. If you've already registered them with the website or been active over at the forum, you already have them - the same username and password apply to website, wiki, and forum. To start editing the wiki, click the "log in" link in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- MediaWiki User's Guide - Information on using the wiki software.