Spam Bots

Something missing or invalid information on the Forum or Homepage ?

Moderator: SMC Team

Re: Spam Bots

Postby tae_new123 » 31 Dec 2012 19:56

What is the limit of posts for spambots? There is no censoring system.
tae_new123
Turtle Shell green
Turtle Shell green

Re: Member is Banned Because the Forums Thinks he's a bot

Postby Luiji » 31 Dec 2012 20:57

If he's a spam bot then he's a pretty good spam bot. With the existence of Cleverbot, I can withhold doubt.
Custom Built IBM-Compatible (Arch Linux w/ KDE)
Dell Vostro (Windows 7)
Dell Inspiron 1440 (Windows Server 2003, Debian w/ KDE)
Dell Inspiron 11z (Linux Mint)
Luiji
MVP
MVP

Postby Luiji » 31 Dec 2012 20:57

We cannot limit a spam bot's post because, as soon as it is detected that it is a spam bot, it's just deleted.
Dell Vostro (Windows 7)
Luiji
MVP
MVP

Postby tae_new123 » 31 Dec 2012 21:49

What is the post limit for spam bots? FluXy’s bad grammar in the forum subtitle has an visible space for its exclamation mark. Apparently, he has been banned in GBATemp. GBATemp’s username is TaeWong.
tae_new123
Turtle Shell green
Turtle Shell green

Postby penguin » 01 Jan 2013 05:08

-DarkAceZ- wrote:tae_new123 is a spambot!

Yea or Nay? I vote Yea.
my wiki page
I may disappear for a long time, but trust me, I'm still alive.
penguin
Turtle boss
Turtle boss

Postby BowserJr » 01 Jan 2013 12:30

I've been doing some reading on TaeWong/ tae_new, and he seems to be exactly the same on every forum. Here's a (partial) list of places he's been banned: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/161 ... and-wikis/ and a long thread from GBATemp: http://gbatemp.net/threads/taewong-is-g ... es.336639/

Problem is, I don't think I've ever seen him advertise anything anywhere, so he doesn't fit the conventional definition of spam. If it's a human, he's probably using a machine translation and having major problems communicating cohrently. If he's not human, I'd guess it's a bot someone's created to "learn" English, possibly for malicious purposes, maybe just for fun.

Even if it's not Spam, we do have a note on senseless posts in the Guidelines: viewtopic.php?p=1829#p1829 , and if he hasn't made, and doesn't plan to make, any useful contributions to any discussions here, there's no point in him staying.
"Plants need to have water poured on them because they have no hands to hold glasses of water."
BowserJr
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby tae_new123 » 01 Jan 2013 18:12

BowserJr wrote:I've been doing some reading on TaeWong/ tae_new, and he seems to be exactly the same on every forum. Here's a (partial) list of places he's been banned (in alphabetical order): http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/161 ... and-wikis/ and a long locked thread from GBATemp: http://gbatemp.net/threads/taewong-is-g ... es.336639/

Problem is, I don't think I've ever seen him advertise anything anywhere, so he doesn't fit the conventional definition of spam. If it's a human, he's probably using a machine translation and having major problems communicating cohrently. If he's not human, I'd guess it's a bot someone's created to "learn" English, possibly for malicious purposes, maybe just for fun.

Even if it's not Spam, we do have a note on senseless posts in the Guidelines: viewtopic.php?p=1829#p1829 , and if he hasn't made, and doesn't plan to make, any useful contributions to any discussions here, there's no point in him staying.

Although, you can edit your post from Minecraft Forum in Curse, to add other places that he’s been banned. Post has been fixed with “alphabetical order” placement in the Minecraft Forum. GBATemp is now powered by XenForo. You are an Korean user!
tae_new123
Turtle Shell green
Turtle Shell green

Postby Luiji » 02 Jan 2013 18:46

I'm on the edge -- BowserJr: if you conclude that he should be banned, I'll back you up.

EDIT: Apparently if you leave him online for long enough he'll try to hack the forum (see GBATemp forum). This would be a particular problem for us considering that phpBB is not up to date.
Dell Vostro (Windows 7)
Luiji
MVP
MVP

Postby BowserJr » 02 Jan 2013 20:22

Yeah, I can't really see any evidence for the hacking business, but we certainly aren't prepared if anything does happen. I don't think banning a user would do anything as a defense against hacking, but I can't claim to be an expert in the methods used, and maybe there's something I'm missing. We're hardly at the stage where we should be turning away active users, but I can't see that he's ever made any useful contributions. :hrmph:
"Plants need to have water poured on them because they have no hands to hold glasses of water."
BowserJr
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby tae_new123 » 03 Jan 2013 00:21

FluXy, it thinks that the visible space after his punctuation mark on the forum’s subtitle is horrible grammar. French version of GBATemp has been closed. Their name for the French version of GBATemp is GameTemp.
tae_new123
Turtle Shell green
Turtle Shell green

Postby penguin » 03 Jan 2013 03:22

tae_new123 wrote:FluXy, it thinks that the visible space after his punctuation mark on the forum’s subtitle is horrible grammar. French version of GBATemp has been closed. Their name for the French version of GBATemp is GameTemp.

FOR THE LAST TIME THERE ARE NO GRAMMATICAL ERRORS IN THE FORUM SUBTITLE!!!! So what if FluXy has a space between words and punctuation, it's his way of writing, it's the words that count.
my wiki page
penguin
Turtle boss
Turtle boss

Postby tae_new123 » 03 Jan 2013 05:32

Here, check the forum subtitle for an grammatical error.
tae_new123
Turtle Shell green
Turtle Shell green

Postby -DarkAceZ- » 03 Jan 2013 18:07

tae_new123's posts don't make any sense at all. Is it a bot, I wonder?

This is what I hear from him:
"SMC LOGO FLUXY F*** GRAMMAR LANGUAGE DELETE TOPIC BOT FORUM SUBTITLE PUNCTUATION GBATEMP BANNED ALPHABET USER."
-DarkAceZ-
Maryo small
Maryo small

Postby To4ooo4 » 09 Apr 2014 23:44

Are you guys actually arguing about grammar when this topic is about Spam Bots?
Pitiful Heartless, mindlessly collecting hearts. The rage of the Keyblade releases those hearts. They gather in darkness, masterless and free, until they weave together to make
KINGDOM HEARTS

~T2
http://nightmareshadowninja.boards.net/
To4ooo4
Gee red
Gee red

Postby DevEd2 » 10 Apr 2014 12:30

Are you actually bumping a topic that's over a year old?
DevEd2
Turtle boss
Turtle boss

Postby To4ooo4 » 11 Apr 2014 00:25

DevEd2 wrote:Are you actually bumping a topic that's over a year old?

Are you seriously telling me that?
Pitiful Heartless, mindlessly collecting hearts. The rage of the Keyblade releases those hearts. They gather in darkness, masterless and free, until they weave together to make
KINGDOM HEARTS

~T2
To4ooo4
Gee red
Gee red

Postby penguin » 15 Apr 2014 00:25

DevEd2 wrote:Are you actually bumping a topic that's over a year old?

That's nothing, he bumped a topic that was 8 years old just the other day.
To4ooo4 wrote:Are you seriously telling me that?

Yes.
my wiki page
penguin
Turtle boss
Turtle boss

Postby To4ooo4 » 31 Dec 2014 23:33

I find it amusing how much of an idiot I used to be. But yes, that bump was nothing. We REALLY need to stop these fudging spam bots that are on here now.
KINGDOM HEARTS

~T2
To4ooo4
Gee red
Gee red

Previous

Return to Website-Forum Related