1.6 release!

Talk about Maryo and Mario :)

Moderator: SMC Team

1.6 release!

Postby Sauer2 » 27 Sep 2008 20:39

SMC 1.6 RELEASED!
Wow, that was surprising! :!:
I will write a description in pro-linux.de!
Sauer2
 

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby DyLoU » 27 Sep 2008 21:35

Hi,
I would like to help you to translate in french.
Can you tell me where is the file to translate?
:)
DyLoU
Furball blue
Furball blue
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Sep 2008 21:29

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby Sauer2 » 27 Sep 2008 22:12

Sorry,
you better ask Fluxy about that.
I dont have the knowledge. :oops:
Sauer2
 

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby FluXy » 27 Sep 2008 23:05

Translations are in SMC/data/translations
I attached an english template.
I used Poedit for the text editing :)
Attachments
Secret Maryo Chronicles.zip
English translation template.
(4.44 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
If i didn't read your post but it was important you can send me a PM.
Any Donation will help this project!
User avatar
FluXy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2857
Joined: 04 May 2004 19:44
Location: Germany

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby Tester » 27 Sep 2008 23:20

DyLoU wrote:Hi,
I would like to help you to translate in french.
Can you tell me where is the file to translate?
:)

I would try to help you. Je suis français. ;)
You can test ALL MY LEVELS HERE. :)
Tester
Static Saw
Static Saw
 
Posts: 218
Joined: 05 May 2007 14:35
Location: France (Sorry, my english is very poor... :( )

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby DyLoU » 27 Sep 2008 23:36

FluXy wrote:I attached an english template.

Thanks :)

Tester wrote:I would try to help you. Je suis français. ;)

Plus on est de fous, plus on rit ;)

Edit: Tester, on a qu'a se partager la traduction :
L'un fait la première partie jusqu'à la phrase "3000 Points needed for saving in a level.\n
Saving on the Overworld is free." ligne 666 et l'autre fait le reste. ;)
DyLoU
Furball blue
Furball blue
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Sep 2008 21:29

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby Tester » 28 Sep 2008 00:10

DyLoU wrote:
FluXy wrote:I attached an english template.

Thanks :)

Tester wrote:I would try to help you. Je suis français. ;)

Plus on est de fous, plus on rit ;)

Edit: Tester, on a qu'a se partager la traduction :
L'un fait la première partie jusqu'à la phrase "3000 Points needed for saving in a level.\n
Saving on the Overworld is free." ligne 666 et l'autre fait le reste. ;)

Pile ou face ? :lol:

Il faut que je trouve le temps pour traduire.
You can test ALL MY LEVELS HERE. :)
Tester
Static Saw
Static Saw
 
Posts: 218
Joined: 05 May 2007 14:35
Location: France (Sorry, my english is very poor... :( )

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby Robwood » 28 Sep 2008 14:01

I have several problems with this release:

1. Having to reinstall the music was just stupid. I saw no notes that said that changes to the game necessitated it.
2. Maryo only throws one fireball/snowball now! That's not good!
3. The height of the super jump has been shortened. Areas that super jumps cleared no problem in 1.5 now can't be cleared at all.

I like everything else about the release, though! Nice graphics on the vines and I've been very anxious to see the new pipe connectors in use!
Robwood
Gee red
Gee red
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 10 May 2008 14:44

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby FluXy » 28 Sep 2008 14:21

1:
That was a bug and is now fixed in SVN 1184.

2:
You can now shoot unlimited balls but only 1 in a second.

3:
Can't test that now but can anyone else confirm this ?
The height sticks could be used for measuring it.
If i didn't read your post but it was important you can send me a PM.
Any Donation will help this project!
User avatar
FluXy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2857
Joined: 04 May 2004 19:44
Location: Germany

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby Robwood » 28 Sep 2008 14:29

FluXy wrote:2:
You can now shoot unlimited balls but only 1 in a second.


Hmmm...No sir, I don't like it. 1-per-second-unlimited does the player no good when fighting a barrage of enemies.

The height sticks could be used for measuring it.


That won't do any good. The height stick reflect the old super jump, not the new one. I made a super jump in Mental Trials using the super jump height stick. Maryo cleared it perfectly in 1.5, but now he doesn't.

OH! And Rokko now has the activation area shown! Yay!
Robwood
Gee red
Gee red
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 10 May 2008 14:44

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby BowserJr » 28 Sep 2008 19:22

Robwood wrote:That won't do any good. The height stick reflect the old super jump, not the new one. I made a super jump in Mental Trials using the super jump height stick. Maryo cleared it perfectly in 1.5, but now he doesn't.

I measured the height sticks on the latest SVN version at the time, which was only a week ago. I doubt it's changed since then... :shock:

BTW, Arch linux PKGBUILD now on AUR
"Plants need to have water poured on them because they have no hands to hold glasses of water."
User avatar
BowserJr
SMC Team
SMC Team
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 05 Feb 2007 14:07
Location: London, UK

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby Robwood » 28 Sep 2008 19:27

BowserJr wrote:I measured the height sticks on the latest SVN version at the time, which was only a week ago. I doubt it's changed since then... :shock:


Well feel free to try it yourself. I have no SVNs; I've downloaded the official release of 1.6 on the website. If the super jump works out for everyone else, I'll try to redownload and reinstall the game.
Robwood
Gee red
Gee red
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 10 May 2008 14:44

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby BowserJr » 28 Sep 2008 21:10

Just tried it and the sticks are still the right height. Are you holding run when power jumping? The standard power jump doesn't go much higher then the running jump, but running power jump is the height of the heightstick. Don't know if this was the same in 1.5...
"Plants need to have water poured on them because they have no hands to hold glasses of water."
User avatar
BowserJr
SMC Team
SMC Team
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 05 Feb 2007 14:07
Location: London, UK

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby Robwood » 28 Sep 2008 21:28

BowserJr wrote:Are you holding run when power jumping?


Yes. When I refer to the power jump, I refer to the run power jump.

ImageImage

This is the power jump I made in Mental Trials. In 1.5, all I had to do was hold the run button, press the down key, and then press the jump key in order to clear the top of the box. In 1.6, the power jump now only has Maryo's head clear halfway up the box.

ImageImage

With this area, the power jump barely works. It's tricky and you have to be very precise with what you do, when you do it, and where you stand. In 1.5, this was cleared by the power jump without breaking a sweat.

With what you've described, however, I wonder if the power jump is even working on my computer...Because now that you mention it, my Maryo looks like he's doing walking power jumps and not running ones...(or at least standing-up power jumps instead of crouching-down power jumps).
Robwood
Gee red
Gee red
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 10 May 2008 14:44

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby BowserJr » 28 Sep 2008 21:47

...Well that height stick placement doesn't look right. You need to position the bottom of the heightstick on the surface, then the top will show you the size, like in the pictures here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1300 . The top of the end tells you nothing, as the width of the end scales with the stick size.

Robwood wrote:With what you've described, however, I wonder if the power jump is even working on my computer...Because now that you mention it, my Maryo looks like he's doing walking power jumps and not running ones...(or at least standing-up power jumps instead of crouching-down power jumps).


Don't think there's any difference in the animation, just in the height. :?
"Plants need to have water poured on them because they have no hands to hold glasses of water."
User avatar
BowserJr
SMC Team
SMC Team
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 05 Feb 2007 14:07
Location: London, UK

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby Robwood » 28 Sep 2008 21:50

BowserJr wrote:...Well that height stick placement doesn't look right. You need to position the bottom of the heightstick on the surface, then the top will show you the size...


OK, well all that means is that the height of the jump itself is shorter than I thought, but the fact remains that he should be clearing it and isn't.

Don't think there's any difference in the animation, just in the height. :?


That's what I'm saying. Despite the fact that I'm performing--and the animation is showing--a crouch-and-run power jump, the jump performed appears to be a stand-and-run power jump.

EDIT: I just compared the two jumps and they're exactly the same. 1.6 disabled my crouch-and-run power jump. :( I tried reinstalling 1.6 but it didn't work.

EDIT 2: The super jump works when I wait for the stars to show up under his feet. Is this a modified feature? I didn't have to wait in 1.5 to perform the jump.
Robwood
Gee red
Gee red
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 10 May 2008 14:44

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby BowserJr » 29 Sep 2008 09:30

Robwood wrote:EDIT 2: The super jump works when I wait for the stars to show up under his feet. Is this a modified feature? I didn't have to wait in 1.5 to perform the jump.


AH! yes, in 1.6 you have to wait for the stars to appear to do the power jump, as explained in the wiki. Otherwise, there's no point in waiting for the stars to appear. 8)

all that means is that the height of the jump itself is shorter than I thought, but the fact remains that he should be clearing it and isn't.

The height of the jump will be longer, because you're effectively burying part the height stick underground, when the full length of it shows you the jump height...
"Plants need to have water poured on them because they have no hands to hold glasses of water."
User avatar
BowserJr
SMC Team
SMC Team
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 05 Feb 2007 14:07
Location: London, UK

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby Robwood » 29 Sep 2008 11:46

BowserJr wrote:AH! yes, in 1.6 you have to wait for the stars to appear to do the power jump, as explained in the wiki. Otherwise, there's no point in waiting for the stars to appear. 8)


First the fire/iceball change that's ineffective against a barrage of enemies and now this...Maryo is moving too slow now! Screw all this! I'm going back to 1.5!
Robwood
Gee red
Gee red
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 10 May 2008 14:44

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby BowserJr » 29 Sep 2008 12:07

Fine! Enjoy your... visible text boxes and non continuous ambient sounds. :P
"Plants need to have water poured on them because they have no hands to hold glasses of water."
User avatar
BowserJr
SMC Team
SMC Team
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 05 Feb 2007 14:07
Location: London, UK

Re: 1.6 release!

Postby Robwood » 29 Sep 2008 14:29

BowserJr wrote:Fine! Enjoy your... visible text boxes and non continuous ambient sounds. :P


*Grumble grumble* I admit that there are a lot of features about 1.6 that I absolutely adore--the text boxes; Rokko displaying the area where Maryo touches to activate him; the new designs and colors for the pipe connectors, blue furball, and the vine; that cute noise big Maryo makes when he jumps; and the list goes on--but damn it! I should be able to have my cake and eat it to! Is that too much to ask?Image :mrgreen:
Robwood
Gee red
Gee red
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 10 May 2008 14:44

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests