New over world

Discussion about levels and worlds.

Moderator: SMC Team

Should we

1. Should there be a single overworld separated into sections.
20%
2. Should there be separate worlds linked together.
60%
3. Should we just make more worlds.
20%
4. Should we leave it as is.
No votes

Total votes : 5

New over world

Postby Crabmaster » 25 Nov 2009 02:41

I think the worlds should be one big overworld, I am working on it right now but it still needs much work, and I'm also making the final 3 levels right now. Other things I'm doing are putting boss levels at the end of every section/world, and making basic sand, grey ground and snow ground for it. :mrgreen:

BTW: I'm using as many levels I can and don't worry almost all levels are going to be the same ingame levels. :mrgreen:

Here is the start. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Crabmaster on 01 Mar 2010 20:50, edited 3 times in total.
World takeover plans got me busy!
Crabmaster
SMC Team
SMC Team

Re: New over world

Postby Crabmaster » 25 Nov 2009 06:38

Hmm can some one give me some forest like levels, that is needed for world 2, I'm trying to make 8 worlds, grassy lowland, forest, underground, desert, icy/snow, sauer2, wn, and a three levels final. :mrgreen:

Example of forest like levels eatomanya and lvl_5. :mrgreen:
Crabmaster
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby Crabmaster » 25 Nov 2009 16:46

Hmm, a vote against my new overworld do I need to explain the upsides to it. feedback please. :mrgreen:
Crabmaster
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby Crabmaster » 01 Mar 2010 20:26

OK here is a sketch of what the overworld will look like, If you open this in inkscape and make the above layer visible then you will be able to see some info. :mrgreen:

Yes now all the worlds are going separate, but all connect into one big thing. :mrgreen:

Also there will be ten.
Attachments
world sketch.svg
(92.27 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Crabmaster
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby Crabmaster » 01 Mar 2010 20:48

BTW For some parts of this overworld it will just be left blank till we get the levels for it, Like with Skyland Luiji is working on, that will be placed after Desert, and the only edit made will be a linking warp from desert to skyland and then a linking wark to space. :mrgreen:

Edit: Sorry didn't think adding one option to the poll would cause you all to have to vote again. :|

Please vote. :mrgreen:
Crabmaster
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby Luiji » 01 Mar 2010 21:36

Crabmaster wrote:BTW For some parts of this overworld it will just be left blank till we get the levels for it, Like with Skyland Luiji is working on, that will be placed after Desert, and the only edit made will be a linking warp from desert to skyland and then a linking wark to space. :mrgreen:

Edit: Sorry didn't think adding one option to the poll would cause you all to have to vote again. :|

Please vote. :mrgreen:

Skyland is supposed to be accessed using a rocket ship. :)
If you've submitted a Release level and I haven't added to the level repository in over a weak, I probably missed it and you should PM me if you want it uploaded.

Custom Built IBM-Compatible (Arch Linux)
Dell Vostro (Windows 7)
Dell Inspiron 1440 (PC-BSD)
Dell Inspiron 11z (Linux Mint)
Luiji
MVP
MVP

Postby Crabmaster » 01 Mar 2010 21:40

OK easy enough, the last level in desert can have a rocket ship that is the end of the level, and then the first level of skyland can have a rocket ship sitting there at the begining. Then there can be another rocket ship at the end of skyland that takes you to space. :mrgreen:
Crabmaster
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby Luiji » 01 Mar 2010 22:00

Crabmaster wrote:OK easy enough, the last level in desert can have a rocket ship that is the end of the level, and then the first level of skyland can have a rocket ship sitting there at the begining. Then there can be another rocket ship at the end of skyland that takes you to space. :mrgreen:

I was thinking that the rocket ship was supposed to go to space but ended in the sky because of fuel problems, and the goal is to find fuel.

I think there are space centers in the desert where rocket ships are tested! (No wait, nuclear weapons. Close enough!)
If you've submitted a Release level and I haven't added to the level repository in over a weak, I probably missed it and you should PM me if you want it uploaded.

Dell Vostro (Windows 7)
Luiji
MVP
MVP

Postby mrvertigo27 » 01 Mar 2010 22:09

mmm rockets might be too literal... maybe a fancy magical and old looking elevator? think the SMC version of the wonka-vator :P
I'm A YouTube Gaming Commentator https://www.youtube.com/user/Spitfire25565
mrvertigo27
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby Crabmaster » 01 Mar 2010 22:23

I'll think of something later, but how about that sketch how was it. :mrgreen:

So I'm thinking, you start in grassy lands, then you make your way into the forest, the desert, then you Fly into skyland, then you fly up to space, then you fall from space into the ocean/beach area, then you enter a cave and go into cave levels, then you get to the icy/snow land, then the sauer2 levels, then the wn levels, then Final. :mrgreen:
Crabmaster
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby Luiji » 01 Mar 2010 22:45

Crabmaster wrote:I'll think of something later, but how about that sketch how was it. :mrgreen:

So I'm thinking, you start in grassy lands, then you make your way into the forest, the desert, then you Fly into skyland, then you fly up to space, then you fall from space into the ocean/beach area, then you enter a cave and go into cave levels, then you get to the icy/snow land, then the sauer2 levels, then the wn levels, then Final. :mrgreen:

In a post some time ago some other worlds were suggested that might be nice to integrate.

• Gooland
  • Lavaland
  • Machineland

My favorite is the last one!

The topic with these worlds is: http://www.secretmaryo.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3348

Dell Vostro (Windows 7)
Luiji
MVP
MVP

Postby Crabmaster » 01 Mar 2010 22:56

The only problem is for now I am trying to use as many levels that are in-game as I can, and am trying to use stuff that is already in-game.(so ocean/beach area will most likely not be made just yet.) :mrgreen:
Crabmaster
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby Crabmaster » 01 Mar 2010 23:01

Wait, I just thought of something, if there was ever an official level pack, we could use some of the other world ideas you had to make a world pack. :mrgreen:
Crabmaster
SMC Team
SMC Team

Return to Discussion