Preview : A Quick 12

Discussion about levels and worlds.

Moderator: SMC Team

Preview : A Quick 12

Postby rjsec4ever » 29 Sep 2008 00:20

* 12 Levels, including some sub-levels and a bonus level!
* Levels of various types: Jumping Test, Eternal Falling, Enemy Dodging, and Multi-Level Puzzles are just some of them.
* Level Design by someone who is TERRIBLE at improvising (or drawing, for that matter)!!

EDIT: Here are the screens. Enjoy. By the way, the levels are not all complete... you'll just have to wait.

There's Always My Facebook... Add me.
rjsec4ever
Turtle Shell green
Turtle Shell green

Re: A Quick 12

Postby rjsec4ever » 01 Oct 2008 17:48

Anyway, right now as you can see on my world map, the level with the clouds surrounding it (not the one with the waypoint ON the clouds, that's the level with the icy mountain) is a level that utilizes the Fixed Velocity. Thanks to the team for this, now it makes me reminisce side-scrolling levels! Also, the Global Effects were set so that I did this...

Remember Sonic 2 for the Genesis? Remember Death Egg Zone? I played it again recently and concentrated on the space background with the zooming stars constantly moving right to left. That's how I got this idea.

Since the level deals with Fixed Velocity, it only means 1 of 2 things:
1. Constant void; must jump on platforms to advance, or
2. Puzzle Mode; move left, right, up, and down to go through puzzles, while suffering a scrolling screen.

I chose number 2. Right now, I could only think of key-shaped puzzles (You know what a "key" is? The shape that looks like 2 square "spirals" connecting one another in the middle?). Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
8_particles.PNG
8_particles.PNG (61.09 KiB) Viewed 1866 times
rjsec4ever
Turtle Shell green
Turtle Shell green

A Quick 12 Update!

Postby rjsec4ever » 30 Dec 2008 22:09

BIG Thanks to the Team for SMC 1.7! Have a Happy 2009 with the next version!

I've updated the 2nd level, replacing the blocks with the snow ground!
Updates to backgrounds and particle emission. Utilizes the constant variables for backgrounds. Finally, moving clouds and stars!
A 9th level I'm working on. Since I went hiatus for a bit due to other things happening in my life, I came back! This 9th level is dubbed "In a Drink".
Now I know that in Europe, there are WORMS fans! When a worm dies in the water, a random message pops up. The one with "(name) went in the drink" is funny, therefore dubbing that the 9th level.
You fell through the bridge (after 8th level) into this pipe, see, and all of a sudden... falling platforms up your butt! You must run through that for a little safe haven! However, there won't be many. A labyrinth of platforms, enemies, and such are blocking your way out!

Sadly, I'm running out of ideas for the 10th, 11th, and 12th levels. All I know is make a sub-level for a 2nd (final) Turtle Boss.
rjsec4ever
Turtle Shell green
Turtle Shell green

Re: Preview : A Quick 12

Postby levelengine » 24 Apr 2009 23:43

I hope they come soon, and did you try metal block levels?
I've done a few of those. :D

Levelengine :mrgreen:
levelengine
Furball Boss
Furball Boss

Return to Discussion